With less than a week remaining in the school year for seniors, many important dates are quickly approaching. It is important for all seniors to know where they are expected to be over the course of the next month.
All senior students were given a “March to Graduation” packet in March with a list of dates. The following dates below are the ones remaining and information for the seniors listed in the packet:
- Dates that seniors are required to wear their cap and gown: Friday, May 27th (Senior Scholarship Ceremony), Sunday, June 5th (Baccalaureate) and Friday, June 10th (Graduation).
- 5/25 Senior College T-shirt day May 25th at 7:20am Seniors wear their attending college t-shirts and a yearbook picture will be taken for each College.
- 5/26 5/27 Teachers post Senior Exemptions – Senior classroom teachers will post the list of seniors who are exempt from their final exams.
- 5/27 Locker Clean out- Friday, May 27th, 1st Period Seniors will clean out their lockers
- 5/27 Scholarship Ceremony / Senior Picnic at Swaders Sports Park (begins at 8:30am) (Parents will be notified in advance if their students are scheduled to receive a scholarship or any other recognition). The Scholarship Ceremony will start at 8:30 am. Seniors will be released from class at 8:00 am. They will enter the auditorium as they practiced for the Awards Ceremony. Seniors are permitted to wear picnic attire under their cap and gown; however, no flip flops. Chesterfield County dress code applies. Senior Picnic: (Optional) After, the assembly Seniors are invited to attend the senior picnic from 12:30- 3:30, if you have paid your dues and turned in the permission slip. Failure to pay senior dues before May 11th will result in denial to Swaders Sports Park. If seniors have special dietary needs please indicate on the permission slip. No coolers will be allowed. (The field trip permission form is due by May 13th during lunch period.) Please indicate whether you will ride the bus or drive. *** Bring a driver’s license, state ID, or your SCA card to this event. You must have your identification to enter the picnic. If you ride the bus to the picnic, you must ride the bus back to school. ***** NO EXCEPTIONS.***
- 5/31 6/1Senior Exam Re-Takes –All exams and exam retakes must be completed by Wednesday, June 1st (7:30-11:25 am) Any seniors or parents needing assistance should contact their school counselors or assistant principal. ** All Seniors are to abide by the school dress code if they come in to take exams. Seniors, confirm exam time with your teachers.
- 6/1 (Optional) Senior Day at Busch Gardens – We will meet at Busch Gardens by 10:00am. If you are taking the bus, you must be at Cosby no later than 8:00 am. The cost will be $59.00 which includes entrance to the park and an all-you-can-eat picnic feast. For those who already have their season passes, the cost will be $17.00 for the picnic feast (All seniors attending the Busch Garden trip are required to purchase a lunch). Parking is not included and is $15.00 per car (extra). A permission form must be signed and handed in with the money. Collection for the money and forms will take place during all lunches from Wednesday, May 11th – Friday May 13th. If you have special dietary needs please indicate on permission slip. No money or forms will be collected after the last lunch on Friday, May 13th ***If you ride the bus to Busch Gardens, you must ride the bus back to school. NO EXCEPTIONS. *** Please note there will be no refunds and no transfers of Busch Garden tickets.
- 6/5 Baccalaureate – This is a non-denominational religious service for the graduates and their families that is held on the Sunday before commencement day. Baccalaureate will take place from 2:00-3:00 pm at Epiphany Catholic Church (11000 Smoketree Drive – 794-0222). All family and friends are invited. Seniors participating must report to the church by 1:30 pm. Seniors are expected to wear their caps and gowns and follow the graduation attire dress code.
- 6/9 Graduation Practice – 11:45 am in the gym-(Estimated time for practice is 3 hours) – This practice is MANDATORY! Seniors must attend the entire practice! They will sit in the bleachers and be called alphabetically. (Exception: Chorus will lead the procession). The length of practice depends upon cooperation. Seniors should NOT schedule any type of event during this time. Graduation Attire is not needed, but school dress code applies! If you do not attend practice, your space in the lineup will be at the end of the alphabet!! You must stay the entire practice!!! The one (1) complimentary parking pass will be given at THE END OF PRACTICE.
- 6/10 Graduation – “The Big Event” – Friday, June 10th , 2016 (10:00 am) Graduation will be held at 10:00 am at the VCU Siegel Center (1200 W Broad Street, Richmond VA 23284). Graduation attire is mandatory. Seniors MUST report to the Siegel Center no later than 8:45 am. After the ceremony you must pick up your diploma! No cell phones will be allowed in the Siegel Center – seniors please give your cell phones to your parents before the ceremony! Parents: just a note, you may want to pre-arrange a meeting place with your students after they have picked up their diplomas since they will not have their cell phones.
Photo Courtesy of Richmond.com and Christopher Furlong